As some of you might already know that I have been working on a book from last 6 months. Yesterday the book has been released by the Packt Publishing. It has been a great and exhilarating experience for me. Packt publishing has been of great help and they provide all the things a writer could get in terms of support and feedback. I will perhaps post a detailed experience about my writing stint in a later blog. This blog is mainly to introduce the readers to the book. Here are a few details about the book.
Mastering Entity Framework
Author: Rahul Rajat Singh
Release Date: February 2015
Effortlessly produce data-driven applications for .NET to address the competing demands of data storage and data modeling with Entity Framework
About This Book
- Understand everything that requires to effectively start developing and managing data driven applications using Entity Framework.
- Implement an example-based approach to understand various concepts associated with Entity Framework
- Save time, learn faster, and gather knowledge that will provide advanced content on developing and managing data-driven applications using the Entity FrameworkData access is an integral part of any software application. Entity Framework provides a comprehensive, model-based system that makes the data access effortless for developers by freeing you from writing similar data access code for all the domain models.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET developers who are developing data-driven applications using ADO.NET or other data access technologies. This book is going to give you everything you need to effectively develop and manage data-driven applications using Entity Framework.
What You Will Learn
- Find out the benefits of using Entity Framework over plain ADO.NET
- Discover various approaches of using Entity Framework such as Database First, Model First, and Code First, and also learn how to choose the best approach for a given scenario
- Explore how to manage Entity relationships, implement Entity inheritance, and perform model validations
- Understand how to use stored procedures and functions using Entity Framework
- Familiarize yourself with domain modeling using Entity Framework
- Become proficient in managing database creation and seeding dummy data in a database
- Understand LINQ to Entities and Entity SQL to query data using Entity Framework
Manage concurrency and transactions using Entity Framework
Data access is an integral part of any software application. Entity Framework provides a model-based system that makes data access effortless for developers by freeing you from writing similar data access code for all of your domain models.
Mastering Entity Framework provides you with a range of options when developing a data-oriented application. You’ll get started by managing the database relationships as Entity relationships and perform domain modeling using Entity Framework. You will then explore how you can reuse data access layer code such as stored procedures and table-valued functions, and perform various typical activities such as validations and error handling. You’ll learn how to retrieve data by querying the Entity Data Model and understand how to use LINQ to Entities and Entity SQL to query the Entity Data Model.
Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTION TO ENTITY FRAMEWORK
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK DB FIRST – MANAGING ENTITY RELATIONSHIPS
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK DB FIRST – PERFORMING MODEL VALIDATIONS
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK DB FIRST – INHERITANCE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ENTITIES
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK DB FIRST – USING VIEWS, STORED PROCEDURES, AND FUNCTIONS
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK CODE FIRST – DOMAIN MODELING AND MANAGING ENTITY RELATIONSHIPS
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK CODE FIRST – MANAGING DATABASE CREATION AND SEEDING DATA
- QUERYING THE ENTITY DATA MODEL – LINQ TO ENTITIES
- QUERYING THE OBJECT MODEL – ENTITY SQL
- MANAGING CONCURRENCY USING ENTITY FRAMEWORK
- MANAGING TRANSACTIONS USING ENTITY FRAMEWORK
- IMPLEMENTING A SMALL BLOGGING PLATFORM USING ENTITY FRAMEWORK
Where to get it
P.S. Perhaps with time it will be available via more channels.